About This Chaotic Blog
By Joseph E Rathjen
(For The Daily Prompt)
August 2, 2013
When I started this blog, it was so I could voice my opinion on all the political and social chaos I saw going on in the world around me. It started out as a goof and a hobby but then quickly grew into something more – it became a catalyst for reviving my lifelong passion for writing which I had abandoned some twenty-years ago.
Why did I abandon it? Well, when you have three, small kids running around a house and a mortgage payment each month, you don’t have time waiting around for editors to approve your article or publish your book and get paid. The bank doesn’t want to hear about problems like that when the mortgage payment is due. So I had to go out and get a real job. It was a shame, because I already had 3 books published, causing me to learn very quickly, that if your book is not on the “New York Times Number 1 Bestseller List” it might be a good idea to have a backup plan. So on went the construction boots.
Now being the ambitious but sometimes over-eager person I am, i decided to also go into the freelance writing business. After all, why not make some money doing something I love. So I decided to turn this blog into two blogs, one for my political and social chaos commentary and one for a writing business. That plan didn’t seem to work out so well because I quickly learned that “two…two…two blogs in one” can get rather chaotic in itself (as so a very wise marketing teacher recently told me). So as you can all see, this blog has been slightly revamped and will be a bit more in the next coming week. My writer’s blog is getting shipped off elsewhere into a more befitting landscape. I hope all of you approve of the change.
You might see a new logo also. I’m kind of sick and tired of looking at my face on every page now, so if it’s disturbing me it’s probably disturbing other people as well. It’s going to be shipped off along with the writer’s blog I’m designing. I think I’m going to take it off and maybe add the chaotic logo you see above or something similar to it. I would love it if you guys would tell me what you think about that idea.
Have a good one!
Here’s some of my blogger friends thoughts on this topic:
- Origin Story | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story » My Life, My Way, My Words
- (Short) Story of my blog | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Being a Huntress | Origin Story | Being a Huntress
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Under the Monkey Tree
- IF YOU REALLY COULD KICK ASS | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Paths Unwritten
- My Blog | Real Life Co.
- Origin Story | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story 2.8 | FPFC
- 2. Who is Sofie? Daily prompt. | Sofie’s Diary
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | How to dance
- Origin Story: WordPress Therapy | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | flow of my soul
- Origin Story | wttnl
- More than a Chauffeur UPDATED | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- I Don’t Blog For Money, So Why Do I Blog? | The Jittery Goat
- Blogging: A Waggish Waste of Time? | Spirit Lights The Way
- This Is A Story About My Blog | Sincerely, Ms. Roberts
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | prettyswan
- But I digress…change is good. | Vampire Maman
- About This Chaotic Blog | The Political and Social Chaos Blog
- What Blogs Do You Read & Why? | Spirit Lights The Way
- New Beginnings | Prayers and Promises
- Warning | Writing Daily
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story – Orientation in progress | fibijeeves
- Hectic Eclectic ~ Origin Story – Heidi’s version | Thoughts for Nought
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story -Puzzle Beginnings | Cosmos Wonderland
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Story Of A Guy | The Story of a Guy
- Word | clarior e tenebris
- Does this blog have an “origin story”? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Eccentric Lady
- A short history of two blogs | Sue’s Trifles
- I blog for me | tornin2’s Blog
- Beginnings | Never Stationary
- Origin Story: | Khana’s Web
- Me, Myself & I | paperdollsletter
- In the Beginning | CombatBabe
- Me, My Blog and I | Just One Girl
- On beginning a new notebook | The Magic Black Book
- Journals & Blogs [Daily Prompt: Origin Story] | unknowinglee
- Tale of the Nervous Trout | Neva Samaki
- A wonderful surprise | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Origin Story | Heron There & Everywhere
- Origin Story | Icezine
- DILEMMA « MY WALL
Pingback: The beginnings of my blog | New Visions
I wish you the best with your writing and all. 🙂
Thanks a bunch Imelda, and thanks for stopping by!
The logo is interesting. Your story sounds very familiar to me. . .
Pingback: Does this blog have an “origin story”? | Rob's Surf Report
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Origin Story | flow of my soul
Pingback: A wonderful surprise | Life is great
Pingback: What if I like, you like, we all like to be liked? | Okay, what if ?
The logo looks okay.
Good luck with this new endeavor!
Pingback: Origin Story: First Pic | Khana's Web
No construction boots yet for me, but as a recently unemployed educator, one never knows. Best to you with writing–I know how you feel!
And thanks also for following my blog!