It’s Officially “Anthony Weiner Roast” Time!
By Joseph E Rathjen
May 24th, 2013
“Welcome Back My Friends – To the Show That Never Ends!”
– Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Only this time, it’s not a “Gypsy Queen In A Jar of Vaseline” – it’s Anthony Weiner and all the hoopla happening in NYC since he officially entered the NYC Mayor’s race this week.
Now that Anthony Wiener has given NYC’s – very boring – mayor’s race the good kick in the butt it deserved, it is time to watch the shenanigans begin. The matinée is over folks, and this is when the real show starts. And everyone who is anyone is already on stage and weighing in.
The New York Post’s celebrated columnist, Andrea Peyser, officially declared herself emcee of the opening ceremonies, this past Thursday, when she attacked Weiner in a scathing, New York Post article: “Is Anthony Weiner completely delusional? Or is he out of his flipping, sex-crazed gourd?” she wrote.
Next up was NYC’s Governor Andrew Cuomo, who said, “Shame on us all,” when asked what he thought would happen if Anthony Weiner was elected mayor. Getting hit with a “shameful” endorsement like that from Cuomo is equal to having a cinder block dropped on your head while you were already bleeding to death. Cuomo, who is loved by most women voters in NYC, can crush Weiner’s chances of winning the election – simply by whispering his contempt for the sex-texting, former-congressman.
But what about the rest of the voters, you know, the one’s who count the most? Even though Weiner has entered the race in a distant 2nd place to City Council President, Christine Quinn, (with 15 percent of the vote) many New Yorkers seem to be divided on how they view Weiner’s chances of winning.
“I don’t think he can win at all,” said Ariel Dominquez, who is a construction worker I spoke to down at Ground Zero. “He’s got too much baggage behind him; no one’s going to vote for that crud.”
Another worker on the site I spoke to, who was a female, said, “I don’t think it really matters about the sex-texting thing anymore. Look at Clinton, he actually had sex with a woman while he was married and was still the President. He would probably win if he ran for mayor of NYC.”
Okay, so if half of the voters are against Weiner, and the other half are for him, what does that do for his chances of winning?…probably not very much at all.
Anthony Weiner, is nothing more than a self-induced “spoiler” in the NYC mayor’s race. In most political campaigns, one political party, to draw votes away from another candidate, will purposely plant “spoilers” into a campaign. But in this instance, Weiner’s entering the race is nothing more than a personal, selfish and desperate act for the hopes of resurrecting his past, ruined, political career. By entering the race, Weiner will most likely destroy, City Council President (and front-runner) Christine Quinn’s chances of garnishing forty percent of the democratic primary vote, which is necessary to prevent a costly, primary runoff.
But Anthony doesn’t seem to care…but then again, what can you expect from a “wiener”?
- Anthony Weiner declares he’s running for NYC mayor – USA TODAY (americanbulwark.com)
- Anthony Weiner’s NYC Mayoral Campaign Website Features … the Pittsburgh Skyline (theatlanticcities.com)
Here are some great posts from some of my fellow bloggers:
- » Daily Prompt: Earworm | George and Nigel
- Awaiting King Arthur | Good2begone
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Inspiration | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- King J “The Wicked” | Good2begone
- Earworm – Que Sera, Sera | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Earworm Birthday | Mindful Splatter
- How Does Your Garden Grow? (Advice to writers) | The Jittery Goat
- The Holiness of Love | Rolbos ©
- The Downside of Clean Living | Spirit Lights The Way
- Flight Delays are the Worst | windandlaughter
- still here . . . on hold . . . or . . . holdin’ on | Don’t Carry The Donkey!
- The Garfield Effect | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Beats and Pieces
- Under the Influence | clarior e tenebris
- 13 steps to write a post | Never Stationary
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Passionate Ambika
- Before the Night Gets Away… a Word about Music Wyrms | Chasing Rabbit Holes
- Daily Prompt: Earworm « Mama Bear Musings
- Earwhat?? | Relax…
- Daily Prompt | Earworm | Chymeera vs The World
- Conducting the Waves | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- It’s Officially Anthony Weiner “Roast” Time! | Joseph Rathjen – Freelance Writing
- Daily Prompt; Earworm | terry1954
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Earworm | Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Inspiration | six degrees photography
- The One (Song) | Ugly Nikki
- Stimulus | A beetle with earrings
- Earworm | bheehappy
- Friends… | Haiku By Ku
- Your Time Will Come, If You Wait For It | Here’s My Heart & Here’s My Mouth
- Earworm: What Does It Mean? | Khana’s Web